Specialist processing team
A specialist team has been set up in Adelaide to process the 189 (NZ) stream visa.
This is something that Oz Kiwi specifically asked for, and the Department of Immigration and Border Protection obliged, so we thank them for their co-operation with this. We also thank the New Zealand Government for their assistance in liaising with DIBP over the processing of the 189 visa.
The specialist team has been trained on the 189 (NZ) stream visa and are qualified to provided answers specific to this visa, their knowledge should be utilised. Use the Troubleshooting tool within the 189 visa online application to submit your queries to DIBP.
Answers to your queries
We have received the following answers to queries about the 189 (NZ) stream visa application process, other responses will be confirmed in due course:
- You must provide ATO Notices of Assessment for the four most recently completed income years immediately prior to application. You will be asked for your 2016-2017 ATO Notice of Assessment if you did not include it with your visa application.
- there is NO requirement to provide CV or employment history for the visa 189 (NZ) stream visa. Please ensure that you are not inadvertently applying for the 189 visa (points-tested stream).There may actually be a technical issue with this question.
- you must provide a NZ criminal history check with your application. If you are still waiting to receive a NZ criminal history check, contact DIBP to ask if you can submit your application and provide it later.
- there is no need to provide evidence of custody of children if you are married to, or in a de facto relationship with the other parent of that child. This was a technical glitch.
- you must set up an ImmiAccount in order to apply for the visa.
- applications are being processed, but we cannot tell you how long they will take to process.
You must provide evidence that you meet the five year residency requirement in addition to the income threshold/exemption:
- include a copy your passport (old/current) with the entry date stamp; OR
- obtain your travel records, there’s no cost.
You can never provide too much information.
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) will be adding a troubleshooting tool to the visa online application. In the meantime, if you have query about your application you can email the 189 (NZ) stream processing team.
Queries will be answered faster via DIBP than if you ask Oz Kiwi, as we must go through our political and diplomatic channels to get the answers from DIBP, delaying a response back to you.
As of November 2017, applicants have reported a notification in their ImmiAccount that the processing time is 4 months for the NZ 189 Visa
Find out more
More information about the additional pathway to permanent residence is available on the Department of Immigration website.
Have a question?
Oz Kiwi is run by volunteers and entirely funded by public donations. Donations can be made via PayPal or credit card.