Date last modified: 14 June 2019
05 June 2018
The Department of Home Affairs have a target to process 90 per cent of Skilled Independent (subclass 189) (New Zealand) stream visa applications within 14 months.
More staff were added to the processing team in March, and they have now processed one-third of the 10,000 applications received as of May 2018. Approximately, 10 per cent of applications have been declined because applicants have not provided the required information or do not meet the eligibility criteria.
Oz Kiwi cannot stress enough that you must provide ALL the recommended documentation when you submit your application. This includes:
- information about non-migrating family members
- proof your university-age child is financially dependent upon you
- Character Assessment Form 80
- Ministry of Justice consent form
- five years of ATO Notices of Assessment or proof you are eligible for an income exemption.
Requests for additional information and supporting documents will delay your application by MANY WEEKS.
Before you apply
Thank you for your support.